Not-so-secret message this time
Well, I guess I owe you a genuine update since I've been sending nothing but cryptic messages lately. So here goes, in Bullets Of Random Crap format:
- After calling and emailing and begging and pleading for feedback regarding when I would find out about my DPhil application, I got the following response from the graduate secretary: "Where did you send the form?" Ummm, that's not the answer I wanted.
- No ear infection, but no explanation for these constant headaches I keep getting. I had one all day today. It was horrible. And they're only on the right side of my head, behind my ear.
- Today was the faculty seminar on Blackboard. I did my presentation on the virtual classroom. I'm not too happy with how it came out - it was late in the day, I had a bad headache, I was tired, and I didn't think all of the logistics through. No one had a hands on part of their presentation all day, but my application was the one that needed hands on the most, and I should have realized that they needed to see it before I could talk about it. But honestly, it was late in the day and I think everyone was tired at that point. And I know what to change for next time.
- There were a few good points of the day, though. In the morning, I gave brief demos of Flickr and Facebook, and at lunch I had a faculty member thank me for talking about Flickr because she wanted to start using it. Another faculty member had some questions about Facebook, since her daughter is about to start college. So we had an interesting conversation at lunch. At the end of the day, I found out that another faculty member (a professor in the English department), did his DPhil at Oxford. I think it's the first time I met a fellow Oxonian outside of Oxford, and it was cool.
- I got a job interview! I am interviewing for a part-time position at the Village for Children and Families, as a communications associate. Yes, web stuff. Fingers crossed, please.
- I also have an interview with a new grant manager at the University of Hartford, to discuss some ideas for the new Women's Education and Leadership Fund that is getting started. I think that will lead to something promising, but I don't know enough about it to elaborate just yet. Watch this space!
No comments:
Post a Comment