Lyrics Quiz
I believe I am actually the one responsible for this making its way around the blogosphere. It started as a Facebook meme, and some of the people I tagged started posting it on their blogs. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to try it again here.
The rules:
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 25 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Strike through when someone gets them right.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING. So is looking at my last.fm feed for the last hour or so...
I didn't exactly pick 25 in a row. I skipped over most of the ones that had the title in the first line (this is true of a lot of opera) and tried to limit the number of Spanish ones that came up.
Good luck!
Edit, 1:16 a.m., 5 May 2008: Apologies to Luckybuzz for not giving credit where credit is due. For some reason I saw her username and thought of someone else!1.) Que mis ojos se despierten con la luz de tu mirada, yo "A Dios le Pido" by Juanes - Yesi2.) Yo quiero el aire que tiene tu alma "El Alma al Aire" by Alejandro Sanz - Yesi3.) When I find myself in times of trouble "Let It Be" by the Beatles - Luckybuzz4.) When the night has come and the land is dark "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King - Luckybuzz5.) Oh, why you look so sad? "I'll Stand By You" by the Pretenders - Caroline6.) You're a part-time lover and a full-time friend "Anyone Else But You" by the Moldy Peaches - Nels7.) Breaking my back just to know your name "Somebody Told Me" by the Killers - Nels
8.) She can kill with her smile, she can wound with her eyes
9.) Hey mama, don't you treat me wrong*
10.) I met a gal from ol'Kentucky*
11.) Time after time, you turned on what I thought was good12.) If God had a name, what would it be? "One of Us" by Joan Osbourne - Tom
13.) Hast Du etwas Zeit für mich
14.) Can you surry, can you picnic?15.) Blue jean baby, LA lady, seamstress for the band "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John - Luckybuzz
16.) Algo me dice que ya no volverás
17.) I never met a girl who makes me feel the way that you do
18.) Are you gonna take me home tonight?
19.) Puedo recorrer las calles toda la noche
20.) If I was a flower growing wild and free
21.) Soy un hombre muy honrado, que me gusta lo mejor22.) Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day - Yesi23.) A man walks down the street "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon - Luckybuzz24.) Hold on, little girl, show me what he's done to you "To Be With You" by Mr. Big - Comebacknikki
25.) When you feel all alone and the world has turned its back on you
*You'll get mad props from me if you get either of these.
9 comments:
Oooh, I know some of these!
#3, "Let it Be," the Beatles
#4, "Stand by Me," Ben E. King (or John Lennon?)
#15, "Tiny Dancer," Elton John
#23, Paul Simon...hmm, maybe "You can call me al"?
I love this meme. :)
#6 is "Anyone Else but You" by either The Moldy Peaches or Michael Cera and Ellen Page.
#7 is "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers.
#12 is "If God was one of us" by Joan Osbourne
5) I'll Stand By You, The Pretenders or Girls Aloud
#2- El Alma al Aire- Alejandro Sanz
#1- A Dios le pido- Juanes
#22- Good Riddance (Time of your life)- Green Day
24. Mr. Big - To Be With You (I looooved this song when I was in high school!)
#21: La canción del Mariachi (por Los Lobos)
Post a Comment