Why the problem with Dame Edna? You realize that MAC is one of the main sponsors of RuPaul's Drag Race because it was a line originally created for drag queens?
I do like Dame Edna and RuPaul. (I've never seen Drag Race - I don't have a TV here - but I loved RuPaul's talk show on VH1.) I just feel like a giant store window-sized version of Dame Edna doesn't fit in with the glam image I usually think of with MAC. I even think the Hello Kitty line is a little weird, but the models they show to advertise it seem to fit better with the MAC image.
I'm a Connecticut Yankee who has just spent the last five years at the oldest English-speaking university in the world, earning graduate degrees in (you guessed it) Spanish. Now the finish line is in sight, and I'm trying to figure out how to make the transition into the real world.
2 comments:
Why the problem with Dame Edna? You realize that MAC is one of the main sponsors of RuPaul's Drag Race because it was a line originally created for drag queens?
I do like Dame Edna and RuPaul. (I've never seen Drag Race - I don't have a TV here - but I loved RuPaul's talk show on VH1.) I just feel like a giant store window-sized version of Dame Edna doesn't fit in with the glam image I usually think of with MAC. I even think the Hello Kitty line is a little weird, but the models they show to advertise it seem to fit better with the MAC image.
Post a Comment