Long time no see
I know, it's been forever and ever since I last posted here. Blogging seems to be falling out of fashion, what with everyone on Twitter and Facebook these days, plus I don't really do anything exciting enough to blog about lately. I got the black tie and the costume parties out of my system early on, so now it's just work work work.
I am aiming to submit this thing by August at the latest. That would put me at November/December for a viva (defense), I think. Fairly soon, I hope to get the "I *need* to get this done" mentality in my head, which allows me to spend late nights grinding out those chapters.
I've been in school for far too long. I'm ready for a job. I read once that the best way to find a house/apartment was to tell everyone that you're looking for a house/apartment, because you never know if someone's brother's co-worker's neighbor might have something available. I'm hoping this technique also works for jobs, so I'll tell you all now: I'm looking for a job.
My area of interest is higher ed, but not necessarily teaching (that is, I like teaching, but I am happy to do other things too). I'm particularly interested in educational technology, but more generally I'm interested in any sort of higher ed jobs that allow me to work with lots of different people. So far I've applied for jobs as an instructional designer/educational technologist, director of international studies, and honors program coordinator, just so you can get an idea of the kinds of positions I'm interested in. My degrees are in Spanish and Communication/Advertising (I have Master's Degrees in both), I've taught at the college level, and I have work experience in educational technology. I plan on staying in Connecticut for a while.
I'm telling you all these things in case you know someone who knows someone who is hiring, or if you can suggest any particularly good places to search.
Back to work now. Happy weekend, everyone!
1 comment:
When my private detective agency gets off the ground... ;-)
P.S. Welcome back!
Post a Comment