Saturday, December 31, 2005

Tell me if you think I'm insane.

I just checked the lecture list for Hilary Term and have most of my schedule lined up. It looks like everything will be crammed into Tuesday and Thursday, leaving Monday/Wednesday/Friday completely free (except for the semi-regular meetings with my advisor on Fridays). But please tell me if you think this schedule is too ridiculous for words, and if I should cut back - especially if you have relevant knowledge of the content. I'm sticking to Medieval/Golden Age because trying to cram in some Latin American or Modern Spain would just kill me.

Here we go:

Mondays: Free!!!!!

Tuesdays:

  • The Romancero Viejo, 10-11, Weeks 1-4
  • The romances of Lope, Góngora and Quevedo, 12-1, Weeks 1-6
  • Literary Theory, 2-4, Weeks 1-7
  • Spanish Research Seminar, 5-7, Weeks 1, 2, 4, 6-8

The romancero lectures are of the "not necessary, but relevant and interesting" variety. The other two are of the "necessary no matter what" variety.

Wednesdays: Free!!!!!

Thursdays:

  • El Medico de su Honra, 9-10, Weeks 1-4
  • Rinconete y Cortadillo, 9-10, Weeks 5-8
  • Literature and Textuality in Golden Age Spain, 10-11, Weeks 1-8
  • Literary Theory, 12-1, Weeks 1-8

El Medico is of the "I've read it before and can't remember a damn thing but it's important so I should review" variety. Rinconete is of the "you can't call yourself a cervantista without knowing this stuff" variety. Literature and Textuality is of the "it's for undergrads but I need it" variety. Literary Theory is of the "can't graduate without it" variety.

Fridays:

  • Meet with supervisor at either noon or five, depending on availability, not a regularly scheduled event but still important.

So...what do you think? Will I live to tell the tale?

Happy New Year!
Kaitlin

No comments: