Friday, May 26, 2006

How YOU doin'???

Of course, whenever I have a paper due, I spend my time doing important things like checking Facebook. I think many students do the same, as I tend to see the most activity during heavy exam and due date times. This is the time when groups are created, photo albums are posted, wall messages left, and friends poked.

But my favorite feature is the new "status" section, where you can put down what you're doing at the moment. They have a list of pre-made choices, like "at work," "at home," and "at a party," but the best ones are the custom messages that people write. By reading these, you really get a feel of the atmosphere in the colleges right now.

Here is a sampling of my friends' status messages, which should give you an idea of how stressed out everyone is right now:

"Michael is looking into heat separation at the rotor-bristle interface within a jet engine's secondary airflow."
"Tom is wrestling his dissertation to the ground."
"Mark is giggling nervously. His dissertation is shit from start to finish."
"Ruth is hoping her supervisor likes section 2 draft 2."
"Elise is in the library until June 1st."
"Ebba is is killing herself trying to finish a draft version of her manuscript. Hopes to resurface next week."
"Christopher is gnomically palimpsestuous, wondering when it's all going to end."
and one of my personal favorites, "Justin is in hell."

I didn't go to guest dinner tonight because I'm going to two garden parties tomorrow, so I decided to save my liver get some work done so I can have fun. I'm wearing the aforementioned green dress to these parties, so you will get to see it in my photos!

G'night and Godspeed -
Me

1 comment:

Alcuin Bramerton said...

A prominent Oxonian, last century, suggested that green is the colour of evil.

An alternative view is that green is the colour of a magnesium chelate. It draws light rather than repels it.