Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Last night at Catz

Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you. It was but yesterday we met in a dream.

So, dear friends, this will be my last post from Catz for the summer at the very least. I hope it will not be forever. Things are looking very promising, but I don't want to get overexcited.

I was ONE POINT away from a distinction. (US readers: this puts me in the 3.7-3.8 GPA range.) I got distinction level marks on my special subject and dissertation papers (3/4 of my total mark), but was slightly below on my theory paper. Technically, I am still in the running for a DPhil. I have to sort out some of the minor details, now, to make it all work. I have accommodation for the Fall. If I don't get to come back for the DPhil, I will come back at the very least during Freshers' Week to clean out my cupboard. But let's work under the assumption that I will be coming back--that's much nicer.

I never thought this year would affect me as much as it did. It was nothing like any of my previous degrees. What made all the difference was the PEOPLE. I haven't had this much fun and haven't laughed this much in years. And that means as much to me as getting good marks on papers.

Oxford people--whether you're returning or not, y'all better keep in touch. My email addresses are on Facebook (or you can email me if you're not on Facebook). I also have Skype and all the IM services--just drop me a line and I'll send you my details.

I leave the college tomorrow night to go to Headington, and then will leave Headington for Heathrow on Thursday at noon. It's easier for me to do it this way, so I don't have to worry about packing up stuff on the day I'm supposed to leave. I will be around college until about 7:30 or 8 pm, so I hope I get a chance to say goodbye to everyone.

Thank you, dear friends, for making this such a fantastic year. It's been brilliant.

I love you all.

4 comments:

Mark said...

Bless you darling - it's been a good laugh! Looking forward to more trashage and banter next year. I'm convinced you'll be back :-)

Safe flight back. Let me know when you're home safe and sound x

Anonymous said...

I agree, It's been a bloody brilliant year, as the Brits would say. See you in the autumn when you return for the DPhil.

Greg said...

I hope it all works out for you. It's been fun reading about your adventures. Good luck getting back there!

Her Holiness said...

Well done on almost-distinctionness. Very cool that you've had so much fun.

Brief note of explanation for my presence here: I'll be off to St Catz in a year (provided I get the grades come August), so am browsing blogs for references to the college.