Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thursday Whining

Ok, it doesn't have the same ring to it as the famous weekly event over at Phantom's place (where I won for style again this week! woohoo!), but I needed to whine, so I will do it here.

Having been in England, where the food is not quite as spicy as it is over here, I worried about American food making me sick when I got home. It hasn't so far, but I've discovered another problem now that I'm home:

My alcohol tolerance has dropped significantly.

Over in Oxford I drank like a champ, at all hours of the day, with food (including sketchy kebab) or without. Most of the time I was fine, with the one exception being that really hot week in May when we had the graduate dinner on Thursday (free sherry and wine for all) and the guest dinner/Cinco de Mayo party (free drinks for committee members on duty) on Friday. I had a headache after that, but other than that I usually have no problem.

Now I can't have more than one drink without feeling terribly sick. For two nights in a row, I just had one drink, and I felt like I was gonna die. What's up with that? And it's not like I'm drinking anything bad - one night it was vodka with Fresca, the other night it was a Pimm's and lemonade.

I need to get back in shape if I want to make it through our weekly trashage events in the Fall...;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have the remedy you are looking for! come down to va! chris and his friends will help you get back in shape ;-) let's have sangria at las tapas and anything you want at marx cafe!!!