Saturday, November 25, 2006

Exciting celebrity encounter!


Today I got to meet Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen, designer and later on host of the BBC show Changing Rooms (the English predecessor to Trading Spaces), and his lovely wife Jackie, who were signing copies of their latest book in Oxford today. It was very exciting - I love Changing Rooms, so it was fun to see one of the big important people from the show in person.

They brought their daughters with them, and it was cute to see them be parents for a minute and get their girls settled before the book signing started. Instead of sitting behind the table, they went out and stood in front of the table and were very personal and friendly. And, of course, they were kind enough to pose for a photo:


I didn't get to talk to them too much - I was first in line, and I didn't want to delay them. Laurence told me that his brother used to date a Kaitlin, and asked if I knew him, which was funny. Other than that, it was the usual "lovely to meet you, thanks for coming" pleasantries.

Some day, when I am a big scary professor, I am going to have photos of me with celebrities mixed in with all my diplomas on the wall. I am making a good start.

It's only 2 pm on Saturday, and already this weekend is going well. Yay!

No comments: