Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Proof that Oxford is, indeed, Hogwarts

So last night I went to a lovely black-tie dinner for graduate linguists at Christ Church. We did not eat in the hall, but rather in the neighboring McKenna Room. While I was in there, I saw a number of lovely portraits. But one portrait in particular proved to me that I do, indeed, go to Hogwarts. Here's some photographic evidence.

Here I am in the McKenna Room, with two portraits. The top portrait is Henry VIII. Let's zoom in on the bottom portrait:
Now is it just me, or is that not Professor Snape???????

*Sigh.* This place is awesome.

1 comment:

Theta said...

Kait, it's not just you. That's a perfect image of Severus Snape - the long nose, the sallow skin, the expression, the greasy dark hair, the billowing robes, the feeling that you don't want to get on this guy's bad side but you may have accidentally done so already just by having been born...