Monday, February 4, 2008

Not Quite What I Was Planning

Years ago, Ernest Hemingway was challenged to write a story in six words. His story?

For sale: baby shoes, never worn.

This past year, Smith Magazine had a contest in the spirit of that challenge, and asked people to submit their memoirs in six words. I heard about this contest through the great Phantom Scribbler and decided to enter.

A few months later I got an email. Smith got a book deal for this contest, and my submission was selected to appear in the book. So now I have my chance for fifteen minutes (or however long six words lasts) of fame. :)

Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs By Writers Famous and Obscure comes out tomorrow in the States. I'm in there somewhere. I don't get any royalties, but it'd be cool if you bought one. ;)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you allowed to disclose your entry?

Kait W. said...

C, visit my Flickr to see my entry in all its glory. ;)