Thursday, March 20, 2008

RBOC: "Running (out of) Battery, Of Course"

  • Hello from Dulles Airport, where I have been waiting for the past 3.5 hours and will be waiting 1.5 hours more for a 75-minute flight. My stopover choices were either this or a 50-minute wait, which would have been eaten up in seconds. I'm glad I didn't choose that one!
  • The queues were MASSIVE at Heathrow today, but they moved really quickly. Sometimes Heathrow's really good like that - they know it's crowded, so they do things to speed it up. From getting off the bus to getting through security to the gate, it took only an hour. I've had the queue for security take that long before, and the queue to check in take even longer.
  • The end of the flight was horrible. It was really windy and I think the plane kept circling. I actually threw up during the centuries-long landing.
  • You know what I missed? Eating a burrito made by people who know how to make burritos. I had a burrito tonight, and it was awesome.
  • My battery sucks on this laptop. I've been on for minutes and it went from 91% to 24%.
  • A veces me olvido de que hay tantos hispanohablantes en este país, especialmente en Washington. Me hace feliz oír a la gente hablando en español, no occure a menudo en Inglaterra. :)
  • The next time you hear from me, I'll be in CT. Catch you later!

2 comments:

E said...

I'm sorry you are having such a horrible trip! Dulles is a pretty boring airport. I hope you are at least in a terminal with Ben and Jerry's and Borders. I am sooooo jealous you had a real burrito. I'm drooling just thinking about. Enjoy American junk food.

Oxford misses you!

Anonymous said...

Totally deserved sucky wait for not letting me know that you were in my neck of the woods ;-)