NaBloPoMo
With 38 minutes to go on 1 November, I've signed up for NaBloPoMo. Those of you with more time left today (i.e. in the United States) should give it a shot as well.
I know I could be using this time to write more important things, but I've always wanted to try one of these projects. I don't think I'd have the momentum for NaNoWriMo, and I'd probably forget after a while about the 365 project, so I thought would be a reasonable goal.
What will I write about? I don't know. Maybe once in a while I'll talk about my research. I'll dig up old photos. I'll tell you about things I've promised to tell you about but never got around to it. Hell, give me topics.
This week coming up is going to be a busy one, I can tell. Today was a light day, as we had an Entz last night and they kept me busy. I think Halloween is a rowdy night in general, and when you have it on a Friday.....
I learned something interesting, though. Here, Halloween costumes are more about Halloween itself - witches and mummies and monsters and dead people and all that. The Brits tell me that when they see someone in a random non-scary costume at Halloween (like a princess or a spaceman or something), they know it's an American.
One down, 29 to go.....
1 comment:
Hi Kait,
it's really interesting what you say about the Halloween costume thing - certainly I was very disappointed last night to see so many princesses and cowboys and non-home-made costumes! But I got my Halloween knowledge from US culture, and there was a definite sense that costumes should be scary...maybe it got lost over time?
rachele
Post a Comment