Monday, February 9, 2009

Bonita la gente que estuvo y no está

A very close family friend passed away this weekend. You know the type of friend: the kind you call family even if the person is not related to you. She had cancer for the third time in seventeen years.

It's never easy, not when someone goes suddenly and not when someone is sick for a long time. Even though she was sick for a long time, it was still too soon. She was only about a year older than my mother.

She was the kind of person who was always there, who did nothing but give. The world needs more people like that.

I can't think of anything else to say right now. Requiscat in Pace, Donna.

1 comment:

E said...

Kaitlin, I'm very sorry for your loss. There is nothing I can say that will make this better, so I will just say that I am thinking of you.

Much love,
xx Elizabeth xx