I still don't care
So I opened my windows this morning to find that Oxford has had its annual snowfall. It looks like less than an inch, but needless to say, the Brits (and anyone who comes from a country where it doesn't snow) are falling over themselves with delight.
When you come from a place where it snows pretty much all winter and pretty much every year, snow is not exciting or magical. It is a pain in the @$$. I have no desire to go "play" in it - I just want it to go away.
Here is my post on the topic from two years ago. The sentiment is still sincere.
Nah, I'm not grumpy. I'm actually in a good mood, as my hacking issue seems to be resolved (as most of you might have read about from my email) and I'm going to London tomorrow (weather permitting).
Off to go take on the day. Laterz!
2 comments:
I am so with you! It has been a long, snowy, cold winter. I'm so over it.
Well EXCUSE me but I think you mean the ENGLISH because the Scots are used to snow that is far heftier than this light smattering. We don't make a fuss over it, or grind thinsg to a halt.
I think you should rephrase! :P
ps BRITS and English are synonymous; Brits and SCots are not
Post a Comment