Ch-ch-change
Living between two different countries for the past four or so years has given me a weird perspective on money. Sometimes I think in dollars, sometimes in pounds, sometimes in a weird combination of both. Whenever I travel to a Euro-using country, I never know how much anything costs because I can't remember if the exchange rate in my head is for pounds or dollars. It's kind of confusing.
But sometimes the exchange rate works in my favor in unexpected ways. Earlier this month, I bought a coat online from a British website. The coat cost £69, and I paid with my US credit card. It was too big, so I returned it and got a refund on my card.
The coat cost me $113.86 on my card. The refund was for $114.24.
And to make it even better, they now carry the coat in the local store, and it's £10 cheaper. Huzzah.
No comments:
Post a Comment