Sunday, April 8, 2012

Project 366 Day 99: April 8, 2012

I bet you didn't expect a picture like this for Easter Sunday. Well, maybe some of you did. (Hi Pat!)

Not only was it Easter today, but it was also my grandfather's 93rd birthday. If I figured it out right, it was the third time in his lifetime that Easter has fallen on his birthday: before today, it happened in 2007, and before that, 1928.*

We celebrated in the way Poppas likes best for both Easter and his birthday: we all went to mass and had the usual big family dinner, and he got to watch the Master's tournament on top of all that. So I think it was a pretty good day for him.

Here he is blowing out the candles on his birthday cake, which is the bunny cake that my mother always makes for Easter.

Happy Easter and Happy Birthday Poppas! Hope everyone had a great day. :)

*Fun fact: I think I am the only other person in my family who has had Easter fall on their birthday. It has happened once for me, in 1989, and won't happen again until my 82nd birthday.

No comments: