A happy ending
I really shouldn't tell you how the Cambridge trip ended before I tell you how it went in the first place, but the story had a happy ending, and I wanted to tell it to you to let you know that there are still good people in the world.
As I mentioned previously, we left Cambridge on Sunday and headed to London to watch the Varsity Football Match and Varsity Boat Race. Chung, Ralf and I went home via the tube and then by bus from London to Oxford.
When I got back to my room, I realized that my digital camera was missing. I tore my bags apart, but no camera. I had left it, and all of the 70something photos I took this weekend, on the bus.
Although there were buses running throughout the night, no one was answering the phone at the bus company. I had to wait until the next day to call them, and I was too tired and it was too late for me to walk back to the bus station.
So the next day I got up as early as I could, and I called the bus company. I described the camera to them and gave the details of my trip, and received good news: my camera had been turned in.
I mean, think about it. If it were a credit card or a cell phone, it would be easy to just shut them down and get a new one (even if you do have to pay a bit for the phone). But a digital camera is probably very attractive, and you can't replace photos that you've taken.
So anyway, I had to take a taxi out to West Nowhere to pick up my camera, but I was relieved. Thank you, kind person out there, who turned in my camera. It is nice to know that that there are still kind people out there.
Details of the rest of the trip to follow!
5 comments:
OH, I'm so glad you got it back. It is always heartening to hear how nice people are too.
you were very very lucky!!!
and britain is really unbelievable.
Incredible, but it makes you feel good to know that there are people out there who are honest.
Hooray for nice people who turn in lost things!
And hooray for postcards arriving! Thanks! The two you sent long, long before showed up about a week before this one did too!
Good to hear there are honest people left in the world and that you got your digicam back! Yay!
Post a Comment