Tuesday, April 18, 2006

How's the dissertation going?

I have another task for y'all.

Every time (or as often as you think of it) that you see me, email me, or talk to me, please ask me (in the language of your choice), "How's the dissertation going?"

I'm hoping this will be a motivator to get me to write on a very regular basis, so I can actually have some progress to report by the time you ask me again. If I give you a diplomatic non-answer like "It's going," then that is the secret code for "I haven't written a bloody thing since the last time you asked me that question."

So please, ask early and ask often. I won't be annoyed. You'll be doing me a favor this way. And tell your friends to do the same.

Peace out!
Me

3 comments:

Greg said...

How's the dissertation going?

Anonymous said...

hey girl, thanks so much for your comment and for putting my angry words in a more legible manner. one of my teachers got back to me on behalf of both of them, and i reformulated my question in your own exact words. she said we'll talk about it [the three of us] in person on thursday. she closed her email with a "hang in there" so most probably they'll tell me not to be discouraged, that such things happen all the time but that doesn't mean that you suck, and stuff like that. well, i already know i don't suck. duh. that's why i'm pissed in the first place.

i really can't understand. from the feedback i get from my profs and my fellow students, it's like i'm one of the top students in the class. so, how come the other top students have always gotten stuff into the show, and i'm the only one whose work has been "rejected" twice? it may be a coincidence, it may be bad luck, but i really am the only one in that group.

this is just too weird.

for the time being, i'll keep hating the communication design professional community...

so, que tal tu tesis?

Terminal Degree said...

My friends did this to me, too, at my request! I hated it, but I loved them for it.

So how's that dissertation coming along? :)