Beginnings and Endings
I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by. This picture right here was taken about a week into our first term, when we all just met. We were all still getting used to England and to Oxford and all that, and getting into the swing of the Catz social scene - big fancy dinners with the Master mixed in with all the studying and stuff.
Tonight, we had the graduate dinner, which marks the fact that the year is coming to a close fairly soon (a little over six weeks!). It was actually quite nostalgic in a way, and a little sad - some of these lovely people will be going home after this year (and I might be one of them). I never imagined that this year would go by so fast, or be so much fun. A few days ago, I got my Matriculation Class photo, and it feels like just yesterday that we were all lined up for that. 
When we met in the SCR for drinks before dinner, Melati, Jade, Chrissie and I posed together again for a photo. I know we'll take many more photos before this year ends, but it feels like now we've come full circle.
I think Kathleen, my colleague in the Spanish faculty, was right - no one ever really comes here for a year. Once you're in, it's impossible to just leave!
1 comment:
well, if even i will have a hard time leaving nova when i'm done, i can imagine how hard it will be for you to leave oxford!!! hehehehe.
how's the dissertation going?
Post a Comment