Thursday, May 18, 2006

Kicking it up a notch

May I take a moment to direct your attention to the Dissertation-o-meter at the right of the screen. Take a good look at it, as I expect it to fill up before this weekend.

Now is the time to send things into high gear. Please harass me about my dissertation. Ask me how it's going. Accuse me of not having an argument. Tell me to get off the damn Internet and get back to work. (This especially goes for anyone who has been lurking around and has never commented before.)

Greg has been especially good at this. Yay for Greg, he is awesome. Go check out his blog, say hello to his beautiful daughters (Mia and Norah), and then get back here and continue to harass me about my dissertation.

Tomorrow is big-deal-draft-deadline. The full-scale D-Day is Thursday, June 1.

Hang in there, folks, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

Edit, 5/21/06, 2:21 p.m.: I handed in 9,669 words to my supervisor on Friday. I still need to make some brief formatting corrections, change one or two citations into Latin, and elaborate on something I neglected to mention. This is all on top of whatever corrections he asks me to make. So we have until June 1 to see the dissertation-o-meter's final result. But the word limit was 8,000-10,000, so technically I have met the goal...

3 comments:

Greg said...

How's the dissertation going? I don't think you have much of an argument! Why don't you get off the damned Internet and get back to work?

Actually, I shouldn't say that, since you come by and visit me when you're on the Internet. And that is, of course, more important than some doctoral thesis.

Good luck and keep at it. Will we see excerpts here when it's done?

Anonymous said...

9,669!!! 96.7% as of may 19, 3:16 pm us east time. you lazy ass!!! it should be 100% already!!! i want to see that meter mark 1000 words by tomorrow!!! and you'd better have an argument, and all the whole thing had better be cohesive and consistent!!! a trabajar se ha dicho!!!

Anonymous said...

oops, i meant 10,000 words. don't take my typing mistake as an excuse to procrastinate!!! al lavoro!!!