Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I am never ordering from Tesco.com again

So I have this new thing that I do, where I order my groceries online a few days before I get to the UK, so I don't have to schlep out to the store when I get here. I usually order from Sainsbury's, because (a) I have a Nectar (loyalty) card and (b) I think the quality's a bit better, even though I have to do a minimum order of £25 for delivery. Unfortunately, this time the Sainsbury's website was shut down for updating, so I went to Tesco (probably the UK equivalent to Wal-Mart) instead. I was delighted to see that I didn't have to do a minimum order, so I just picked out a few things and went on my merry way.

When the delivery came, not only did the driver have no idea where the college was, he also messed up two major things on my order. He didn't bring my cream cheese, even though it was clearly listed on the receipt and I was charged for it; and he brought me the nasty European-style spray deodorant instead of the regular stuff.

So now I smell like a European tourist and I have nothing to put on my bagels. Damn.

At least the college lets me eat for free. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great! We've had problems with Tesco's before, and have stuck with the Bury of Sains since :) Glad to hear you're back - let me know when you've some free time and we'll sort out that Spanish reading? If you come here I can provide tea and biscuits :)