Tuesday, September 25, 2007

No time to write new post's

I owe you a lot of posts now that I'm back in the land of Ox, but I really don't have time for it at the moment. I will, however, offer you this short gripe.

I've been going to First Aid training in Kidlington for the past two days. At one of the little sandwich shops nearby, there is a sign that advertises "Coffee's, Tea's and Cakes."

Now why they hell would they think that two of the three would need apostrophes, but the third one didn't? It reminded me of another sign I've seen in Oxford that advertises "Sandwiches" and "Potatoe's."

Why???????????????????????

3 comments:

comebacknikki said...

Heh. Love the title. :)

Anonymous said...

You need to go to apostropheabuse.com
right now.

Better yet-- take a picture and submit.

Kait W. said...

Alas, I don't have to go to Kidlington any more, but I do see the other sign regularly. There is also a sign close to my college that advertises "panini's", which is another pet peeve of mine - panini is already plural!