Google Chrome
I have a love/hate relationship with a lot of things: professors, jobs, snack foods, this year's presidential candidates. My newest love/hate relationship is with Google Chrome.
As a former educational technologist, I enjoy trying out the latest software. I downloaded Chrome when it came out last week, and for the first few days, I loved it. It was so fast! So easy to use! It didn't crash!
But as time went on, I wasn't so impressed. Some things made it sort of sluggish, like Flash- or JavaScript-heavy pages. And sometimes I couldn't get pages to load at all, and couldn't find any option to make the page load - like when you try to open up a page in Firefox and it asks you if you want to download whatever ActiveX controls it needs to make the page work.
Perhaps I should have waited a few weeks for the browser to get more "settled" and for the surge of new users to calm down. I always wonder if the bugs that come up in a new application like that come from having more users than anticipated.
Anyone else try it yet? What do you think?
1 comment:
This initially freaked me out...
http://www.edrants.com/google-chrome-is-bad-for-writers-bloggers/
...but it looks like they amended that clause.
Post a Comment