I owe you some posts, but...
...I'm not in the mood for full-scale blogging lately. I have not been sleeping well, and for the past few days I have had a headache. Ugh. But I wanted to bring some things up:
- I was out of bottled water, among other things, so I went to Sainsbury's today. For some reason, I purchased two 2-liter bottles of Sainsbury's Basics Still Table Water for 17p each. I'm starting to wonder if that was such a good idea. (In case you're wondering why I don't drink better water, like Evian for example, a lot of the fancier waters have too much calcium for me and it's not good for my kidneys.)
- I don't get enough opportunities to wear my gown here. I don't have to sit for any exams (just a viva in the end), and we don't have formal hall in Catz...plus I have not been to high table yet. Since I am only here for a year (as far as I know), I would like more excuses to wear my gown and make the purchase worth my while. And I'm not big on the idea of wearing it just for fun while I'm out and about...I would like a specific purpose to wear it. So if anyone has any suggestions or would like to invite me to formal hall, please leave me a comment. ;)
- For the past few days it has been annoyingly windy. If it had not been so windy, it might actually be kinda pleasant out. But the wind makes it much colder than usual. And for some reason, I keep going to lectures, etc. that are on the very opposite end of town (like at Nuffield College), which feels like miles away even though the town is not very big.
- Question: Is it worth it to upgrade to pro on Flickr?
- I owe you posts about the blogging lecture I attended on Friday and the Valentine's Day bop, among other things. I also owe you a number of photos.
I think that's it for now. G'night!
Edit, 10:35 pm, 2/20/06:
- I tried the 17p water. It wasn't bad.
- Oh yeah, I also owe you a post about the Oxford-Cambridge basketball game.
4 comments:
Hi, Kait! I just stole some of your little graphics. I hope that's okay... It's those rectangle sidebar thingies.
By the way, I love being pro on Flickr. You can have as many photo sets as you want! LOVE THAT FEATURE! Also, I do take a lot of pictures certain months, so I'd be likely to go above the upload limit each month if I wasn't pro. But I say do it for the unlimited photo set option.
Yeah, go right ahead...those are standard Blogger graphics...
You know, if you go over the upload limit, you can work around that by using the email feature. On more than one occasion, I've gone over the limit but was still able to use the email feature to post photos.
Hi Kait! I think Flickr Pro is totally worth it. I have a TON of pictures on mine, and I'm still not even close to filling my quota.
Can't help ya on the gown thing, though. ;)
Oxford Cambridge basketball game? Oh, please share on this one!!!
I wasn't aware of the calcium content of bottled water, v. v. interesting...
What's the equivalent of 17p in US$ Cait?
Post a Comment