Thursday, February 9, 2006

Something that might convince me to stay in the UK

Primark has landed in Oxford.

That's right, two humongous floors of All-American Pure British Shopping Goodness, here in Oxford, at the Westgate Shopping Centre.

Let's put it this way: even with the exchange rate, the prices are insanely cheap. It's like a British Target or Old Navy. I don't think I saw any women's clothing over £10, or any other item over £25.

I was worried how I was going to manage a summer wardrobe on Oxford prices. I'm not worried now, thankyouverymuch.

Back to papering. Weekend's almost here, folks!

3 comments:

Kait W. said...

Loryta, it's like $17 or $18. But there are tons of things that are even cheaper, like shirts for £3, which is probably like $5.

Anonymous said...

Kait! Hi! My name is Tina and I'm married to your cousin, Craig! Your Aunt Pam told me a while ago about your webpage and Craig and I have been on here tonight reading about your adventures at Oxford! We just wanted to let you know that we were here!

Kait W. said...

BP - It's exciting because it's far cheaper than anything else in town. The quality probably sucks, but hey, if a shirt falls apart in the wash, you probably don't feel so bad if you only pay £5 for it.

Tina and Craig - Hi! I didn't know anyone in my family read my blog. That's awesome. I hope you had a chance to check out some of my photos as well. Marsha sent me some photos of the kids at Halloween, they are adorable! Thanks for stopping by! :)