Sunday, April 30, 2006

In which I question my sanity.

Goooood morning!

Note the timestamp on this post. Yes, you're reading it correctly. I just got up. After 3 hours sleep. On purpose.

I'm walking my sorry ass down to Magdalen for the May Morning celebrations, and then back to Catz for the May Morning breakfast.

Why?

Because people from Oxford have done it for centuries. (They also jump off the bridge onto shopping trolleys, but I'm not insane, so I'm not doing that.)

Will I make it? Will it screw up my sleep schedule forever?

Tune in and find out...

Update, 7:10 a.m.: Survived the trek down to Magdalen. It was amazing. Now the next step is the May Morning breakfast. And the big question is: is champagne a good idea at 7:30 a.m.?

Update 2, 4:05 p.m.: Yes, champagne is a good idea at 7:30 a.m. We had an excellent time. I feel bad that I missed the Morris Dancers, but getting up to see the choir was totally worth it. Here's a short clip - you can't see them, but you get a feel for the completely amazing atmosphere.



3 comments:

Terminal Degree said...

And when you wake up, you'll work on your disseration, right? :)

What a fun tradition. I read about it in Gaudy Night, right? Because if so I'd have to do it, too, if I were there.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see how you youngsters enjoy yourselves :-)

Old people like myself need our sleep.

Anonymous said...

wow that's amazing sound quality! how did you manage it? it's usually really loud down there...