Project 366 Day 144: May 23, 2012
Never in my life have I been able to wear hats. I don't mean that hats don't look good on me, I mean that they literally do not fit on my head. I've been measured for hats on various occasions (mostly for my graduations), and my hat size is something like a men's XXL. It's always been like that.
This has posed a problem for me on some occasions. When I used to tap dance, one year our recital costumes included top hats. The teacher didn't really believe me when I said I couldn't wear hats, and ordered the same size for everyone. She was rather surprised when, of course, mine didn't fit. My dad ended up having to take the hat apart and rebuild it to make it fit!
In any case, I get terribly envious whenever I get to a store that has a hat section, like Target (where I was after work today). I would love to wear hats, but I know that exactly zero of the hats sold in regular stores would fit on my head. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment