Monday, May 28, 2012

Project 366 Day 149: May 28, 2012

I did not make it to the Memorial Day Parade in Windsor today, but my grandfather did - he was in the parade, in fact. He was one of the oldest veterans (I don't think there was anyone else from WWII), and my dad drove him in the parade in his WWII-era Jeep, which also got him big applause.

This afternoon we had a BBQ at my aunt's (my mom's sister) house. It was very hot, but everyone had a great time. I was so happy to get this great picture of Poppas (my grandfather - the one who was in the parade) with Jack - it is hard to get a toddler who is always on the go to cooperate for a photo sometimes!

A funny story: right after this, someone said, "Jack and Poppas should switch hats." Immediately, Jack took off his own hat and tried to give it to Poppas while taking off Poppas' hat! He is so smart!

I won't end by saying "Happy" Memorial Day, but I will say "Thank you" to all those who died fighting for America. Back to work tomorrow...

No comments: