Before you think I'm insane (maybe it's too late)
...maybe I should tell you why I *heart* Russian Formalism.
When I looked at the schedule (or "timetable" or "shed-yool" as they say o'er here) for the Literary Theory lecture, it looked scary. Russian Formalism? What on earth was that, and how would it help me understand St. John of the Cross?
Well, I went to the lecture today, and...it was the same stuff I teach my undergraduates on the first days of class!!!!!
Sometimes I forget that these things are all connected. I never thought I would use some of the things I learned in my Master's program in Communication, but I am. Wacky.
Back to work. G'night!
Kait
>>Edit, 12:23 a.m., 10/14/05: How quickly do you think my undergraduates will drop my winterterm class if I refer to it as "Russian Formalism" when I teach it to them??? ;)
2 comments:
Do it! Do it! Do it! I *heart* Bakhtin.
I think that would be hysterical! The ones that weren't in class that first day would hear it from others...hee hee
Post a Comment