Productive? Nah.
When I went to the Modern Languages graduate orientation, Professor Parish, who is the director of graduate studies and also happens to have an office in my staircase, offered us this profound thought:
"There is a direct correlation between writing a thesis and a thesis being written."
Truer words have not been said.
I have been pro-cra-sti-na-ting like nobody's business for the past two days. I have accomplished the following productive activities:
*Checking my email and snail mail. The latter involves walking all the way over to the lodge and then back.
*Cleaning out my entire closet, which means taking everything out and putting everything back in. This was actually very rewarding.
*Boxing up stuff to send home.
*Writing 4 postcards.
*Reading every damn blog on my blogroll.
*Commenting on about 10 of the aforementioned blogs.
*Updating my Flickr page.
*Getting a refund from last night's dryer incident, when I paid £1 and the dryer didn't work. Also involved walking all the way to the lodge and then back.
*Calling my parents.
But seriously, I did go check out three useful books in the library today, I finished my laundry last night, and my room has reached a reasonable level of cleanliness. So I guess those are good things.
Hmmm...write the paper, or read Piled High and Deeper?
I'll let you guess how this will end up.
No comments:
Post a Comment