Sunday, February 26, 2006

Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon

I just found out this earth-shattering information: the "six degrees of Kevin Bacon" thing is indeed accurate. Actually, for me, there are only five degrees between me and Kevin Bacon:

1.) Me to my dad
2.) My dad to Gene Pitney (one of his distant cousins)
3.) Gene Pitney to Kirk Douglas in Town Without Pity (1961)
4.) Kirk Douglas to Marisa Tomei in Oscar (1991)
5.) Marisa Tomei to Kevin Bacon in Loverboy (2005).

I'm too tired to link all of these, but you can confirm them on iMDB. And you can check out other people's Bacon numbers here. But I can tell you this: if you know ME, then your Kevin Bacon number is six. And there you have it - six degrees of Kevin Bacon.

As one of my classmates used to say, ayyy que profundo!

Edit, 11:24 a.m., 2/28/06: I just realized that some of you can skip over the link to me because you've met my dad. So if you know me AND you know my dad, then you're a 5. ;)

4 comments:

Nels P. Highberg said...

I'm six degrees from KB? Wow! I should meet your father this summer to get closer.

Mark said...

Who's Kevin Bacon?

Anonymous said...

You know of http://oracleofbacon.org/oracle/, yes?

Anonymous said...

why "the oracle of bacon" and not "the oracle of pitt" or "the oracle of hanks", or "julia roberts"? is there a specific reason why this game revolves around him?

and why an actor, and not a singer, or a politician?

just wondering...

and by the way, we are just one degree of alejandro sanz hahahaha.