Really Dumb Question
Dear British People,
I'm buying a British phone number for my computer through Skype to save money on local calls. That way, I only have to pay €30 a YEAR (about £20, or $40) rather than the 15p (30 cents) a minute I was paying on my mobile. But I'm slightly confused - some of the phone numbers seem to have fewer digits than others. Am I going insane, or do British phone numbers have varying amounts of digits?
If it helps at all, the city codes offered by Skype are for London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester.
Confusedly yours,
Me
xxx
technorati tags:phone, numbers, codes, confusion, england
Blogged with Flock
4 comments:
Hmmm. Well, I never really noticed. Area codes can be longer or shorter, but there's always a number to make up for it. I can't think of any number less than 11.
Ah, but the, like, 0800 numbers. They're shorter, they're just 10, innit?
Ooh, I don't know.... I thought I knew England until a minute ago... :)
pretty sure they're all the same length... 11 digits...
Here in Edinburgh, the numbers can be anywhere from 9-12 digits long. Weird.
I think they're usually of the format: 5 digit area code followed by a 6 digit number.
Post a Comment