Sunday, October 16, 2005

A lovely Sunday

Today I went to brunch at the famous Christ Church College with some of the other Catz MCR (graduate) folks. This is among the largest and wealthiest and fanciest of the Oxford colleges. You may have heard how scenes from Harry Potter were filmed there.

We didn't have to pay to go in because we were Oxford students (well, this was a sneaky bit of business, but anyway, we didn't have to pay to go in). We had brunch in the amazing hall, and then afterward we did a bit of exploring. We went to their Cathedral, and then took a stroll around their meadows down to the River Thames to watch people who were rowing. The weather was magnificent, considering we are on the late side of October. A perfect Fall day. (I can't post my pics just yet because I'm running out of bandwidth for the month on Flickr. But please enjoy my matriculation pics in the meantime!)

Even though I have to clean my room and do laundry and read now, I still think it was a good day.

I am very lucky to be here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky! One of my goals is to visit Christ Church College just to visit where they filmed that harry potter scene!