Swoooooooooooooooooooooon
A la primera persona que me ayude a comprender,pienso entregarle mi tiempo, pienso entregarle mi fe...
He's back. And I'm thrilled. My beloved Alejandro released a new single today, "A la primera persona," and it is gorgeous. None of this reggaeton crap, no rapping, just the original good stuff, back in the style of Más and El Alma al Aire. (Click on the link below the photo to hear the new single, and to see the video.)
And the best part is, he's looking gorgeous again. There was a time when he went blonde, and I questioned his sanity. But now he's back to normal, as evidenced in the photo on the left.
I'll never forget the times I saw him in concert, at Radio City Music Hall in 2001 and 2002. He is one of the rare artists who is as good live as he is recorded. And in 2002 I got to meet him. In fact, he asked to meet me. A long and complicated story for another time, but here is some photographic evidence for you in the meantime:
I can't wait for his new album, El tren de los momentos, to be released in November. I wasn't a huge fan of No es lo mismo, so it feels like it's been a while since I've been really excited about his music.
Mark, my obsession for Alejandro rivals my obsession for a certain Japanese cartoon feline, so you will be pleased to hear that I will be distracted from the latter for a while.
It is fun to be a sanzera again.
technorati tags:latin, music, sanz
Blogged with Flock
3 comments:
here goes a testimonial from the back then president of "international fan club amiga mia", a us-based fan club for alejandro sanz. yes, mr sanz did actually want to meet ms walsh. he even sent me to get her, while she was waiting outside radio city hall thinking she had missed the opportunity to meet him. a really nice surprise for her, and a really nice detail on his part.
katita, i'm glad you liked the new song too! it looks like we both are "sanzeras" again hehehe. too bad you'll miss his upcoming tour over there in the uk.
Hello Kait and thecatphotographer,
I AM SOO HAPPY ABOUT THE NEW SINGLE AND THE CD!! LOVE IT!!!
I love that story thecatphotographer!!
Alejandro Sanz is amazing...meeting him was one of the highlights of my life!
I'm officially procrastinating on my homework by reading your blog.
You must be my music twin sister. First Ricky Martin and now this? I like Sanz, too.
Since it seems like you are into Spanish music, I have recommend Ricardo Arjona to you. He's a guatemalan compositor/singer and he has some of the best songs (IMHO) out there. He's great at the trovador/Spanish/bohemian style. Sort of like Sanz, but, if I may say it, with a much better voice (and..ahem...good looks).
Post a Comment