Big-deal Birthdays
This is a big-deal birthday year in my family.
Last month, on Groundhog Day, my brother Kevin turned 18. Yesterday (the 7th, today, for you all in the States), my sister Kelly turns 25. And today (the 8th, or tomorrow for y'all) my brother PJ turns 13.
At the point that I'm writing this, we are about to hit a very strange limbo stage in my family. Between 7:21 pm on March 7 and sometime around 3:15 am (I think) on March 8 my family has two sets of Irish twins. Kelly and I will both be 25, and PJ and Maggie will both be 12. (I find the use of "Irish twins" to be extremely funny here, as none of us are genetically connected [four of us are adopted], and PJ and Maggie are African-American and Hispanic.)
Although birthdays happen every year, I hate the fact that I'm missing all this. I love this place, but right now I'm quite a bit more homesick than usual.
Happy Birthday, Kelly and PJ! I love you!


Edit, 1:00 pm, 3/8/06: I should mention that the although the "double Irish twins" phenomenon ends at about 3:15 am, Kelly and I will continue to be the same age until 3:56 pm on March 26th. Sorry, I know my explanation was kinda confusing...;)
2 comments:
yay kelly and pj!!! please say happy b-day to both of them for me!!! tanti auguri!!!
What beautiful siblings!
Post a Comment