Sunday, March 19, 2006

Let's go Hawks! Part Deux

And the University of Hartford Hawks have won their first round tournament game! It was a great game because not only was it their first NCAA tournament game win, but they also beat a higher-ranked team. Many sportswriters were predicting this as one of the big upsets of the tournament, and they were right!

I listened to the game live on WWUH, the University's radio station and was even mentioned a few times during the broadcast! (I had written in to the Hawks' tournament blog to ask if I could still tune in from o'er here, and they must have been impressed that they had an international following...)

It looks like they will take on Georgia next, who is a number 3 seed. I know it will be on Tuesday, but I don't know what time (I hope it's not at night!).

Now I know that right now I'm at a university with a centuries-old rival, and that we've been playing the Tabs in several sports, including basketball, for 100+ years. But there is nothing quite like NCAA college basketball, especially when you're from Connecticut. (I'm sorry, people from other states might contest me on this, but Connecticut is definitely a college basketball mecca.) Ever since I was little I watched UConn, but as a Hartford alumna I'm happy that I can follow the Hawks through "March Madness" as well!

1 comment:

Phantom Scribbler said...

Woot! Woot! Geno v. Jen Rizzotti for the region, that's what I want to see.