Luck o' the Irish!
Now that the two terms of theory hell have come to an end, things are looking up in a big way. Let me summarize:
First and foremost, the paper is done! Roughly 4,800 words, 16 pages, way too many sources. I don't care how I did. The damn thing is done.
I have an appointment to meet with the director of graduate studies (also from Catz) to discuss the financial issues. He's a nice guy. I hope I don't cry this time! But I think I got it out of my system, so I should be ok ;)
Tonight a handful of the Modern Languages grad students went out for cocktails to celebrate the end of theory hell. We went to the Duke of Cambridge and Angels, two pretty upscale bars, and enjoyed some rather large and rather pricey cocktails. (I had 4 drinks and it set me back a little over £20!!!) Here is some photographic evidence that things are looking up:

See? Is this not the face of someone who is absolutely delighted to be done for the term?
So anyway, I think we have some definite interest in the Tuscany trip, most likely in June. And we will most likely add the South of France (Thanks Mark!) and Greece (Thanks Christiana!) to the shed-yool.
But in the meantime, I will focus on lovely things like cleaning my room, writing my dissertation, making some day trips to lovely places, and at the very end of this month, MY BIRTHDAY and the big Cambridge excursion!
All is well here, and I hope all is well with all of you.
Happy St. Paddy's Day!
2 comments:
Congratulations! :)
That drink sure looks good...
Ooooh, I'm so envious that you got to go to the trendy bars in Little Clarendon Street. How I miss them! Did you stop off in G&Ds too?
Congrats on finishing the essay, that must feel very good indeed. Enjoy the vacation, and if you haven't been before you should definitely consider going to Blenheim Palace for one of your day trips. It's so near Oxford (lots of buses go there) and the grounds are particularly beautiful at this time of year.
Post a Comment