Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Killing time in an Internet Cafe

I'm kinda annoyed at Marks & Spencer. Yesterday they told me that if I wanted to order stuff for my party, I would have to order it by today. And today they tell me they're *not sure* if it would be available by Sunday if I ordered today. Although they did have these cool chocolate liqueur cups that I wanted to order, it was too expensive to rely on *not sure.* Damn them. I'll buy my own stuff and it will probably be cheaper anyway.

Someone asked me if my birthday party was going to have a theme. Now I'm wondering if I should have chosen one. Hmmm. And I've already decided what I'm going to wear. Too bad so sad.

Do they have Marshmallow Peeps in this country?

I hate it when people misuse apostrophes. It's cakes, not cake's. And it sure as hell isn't panini's. Panini is plural (the singular is "panino") - it doesn't even need an "s" at the end, much less an apostrophe.

I also hate it when people misuse the word alumni. It's not alums. If you are one person, you are an alumna or an alumnus - not an alum, not an alumni. Thank you.

Enough grammar lessons for now. It's Spring! I am going back out to enjoy the lovely day.

Peace out,
Me

4 comments:

Red said...

So what are you going to wear on Sunday then?

My grammar must drive you nuts! My most common mistakes concern apostrophe's!

Kait W. said...

1.) I found a t-shirt that I loved in Primark that said "1980" in sparkly stars, but then I tried it on and realized that it was completely open in the back, and it looked ridiculous. So I will have to re-think the wardrobe.

2.) To be honest, I never noticed apostrophe mistakes with you! I realized that I didn't put my rant into context though - it drives me crazy when a shop has a painted or professionally printed sign that has this error. If I were going to pay money to have a sign printed or painted, I would want to be certain that the words on the sign were spelled correctly!

Anonymous said...

yeah, it's "panino", "panini" and "cappuccino", "cappuccini", not "cappuccinos" like i've been hearing and reading all the time here in the states...

a suggestion for a party theme: you may wear something purple and ask your guests to do so too. you may also want to look for purple disposable dishes, cups and napkins. after all, the invites were purple, weren't they? ;)

Anonymous said...

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!