Haircuts
For the female Oxonians who read this blog:
Is there a place here in Oxford (somewhere I can walk to from Catz) where I can get a haircut for under £35? All I want is a few inches taken off, that's it. Nothing fancy. I'm a very low maintenance kinda girl.
I mean, seriously. At home I can get a haircut for $15. That's about a fifth of the cost of what it is here.
Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.
Much love,
Me
5 comments:
While not being strictly female, I might be able to help you out. The catch is that you have to wait for your next trip to London. There's a chain there called Mr. Toppers which are all over central London. A basic haircut is £6 and women's don't generally cost more than £10. So I'm told, of course...
Richards in Little Clarendon St used to come in at under £30 according to my more poverty-stricken (and with better-behaved hair) colleagues, but that's a hell of slog from Catz. You'd probably be best off investigating the few down the Plain end of St Clement's or Cowley Road.
Alternatively, if you're still looking for Marshmallow Peeps, why not try something up in (ick) Cowley whilst seeing if Woolworths is going through one of its periodic phases of stocking strange sweets?
there's Les Amis on Osler Road up in headington (ox 762660), they do student discounts as well...
if you pop by Toni & guy (on on high st, one on george st) they are often looking for models. then it'll be about a fiver.
also, if you're going to london, check out hair by faerie in covent garden. it's a like a hip co-ed barbersjop -- you line up and wait for a stylist and it only costs a tenner. honestly, the combined cost of train ticket and cut will be less than 35 quid.
Although it appears I'm too late, next time try Versus on the Cowley road. It's less than £20 for a student and the hairdressers are as good as on High St but the owner saves money by not employing a receptionist and cheaper rent.
Post a Comment